People have different opinions on making New Years Resolutions. Personally, I like to make personal and business goals at the beginning of the year. My belief is that goals are more meaningful especially if you make SMART goals. If you have a parent that is aging and their home may be getting to be more than they want to care for or if this is you reading this, now is the time to wait list at some senior living options. Make it a goal or resolution to do this in 2018.
Why wait list? Here are the top 4 reasons to do this.
- You want to have choice in where you or your aging parent lives if a move is necessary.
- You or your parent should have control in this life event decision.
- You will be educated about what is out there in the process.
- Some senior living options wait lists are 4 years or more.
When considering where to wait list some key things to think about:
- Should I buy or rent?
- Where should I live as I age, is the best location where I’m familiar or near family?
- What size of community and apartment/unit would I like?
- Do I want this to be my last move?
- What can I afford?
If you want help in these decision processes a senior living referral specialist like Choice Connections can help you weigh the best options and help you put a plan in place to achieve your goal or resolution.