Date(s) - 09/14/2015
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Career changes are not the only big shift midlifers face. For many of us, or for people close to us, midlife becomes a time to find a new home. What should you consider when your home no longer suits your lifestyle, or starts to feel overwhelming? At the September SHIFT Forum, Eunice Neubauer and Dawn Farrington, two professionals who assist people daily in making moves in midlife and later, will offer practical advice on making this important decision:
- What housing options do you have for your next chapter?
- What should you look for in a realtor?
- What’s your next step for information about your home?
- What housing options are available for aging parents, and how can you take advantage of them?
- Who’s on your team to help you navigate medical, housing, and emotional issues in housing transitions?
Eunice and Dawn will provide specific information about housing choices, whether you will be selling, buying, or leasing. They’ll also discuss housing support options and resources for aging parents.
About our speakers
Eunice Neubauer is a certified senior advisor, specializing in helping seniors and their families make the best choice in senior living when remaining at home may no longer be the preferred or best choice. As owner and president of Choice Connections, she serves the St. Paul and South Metro with her free placement and referral service. Eunice worked for over 23 years for AAL/Thrivent in corporate marketing before venturing out to start her own business.
Dawn Farrington is a licensed residential REALTOR® in Minnesota and Wisconsin. Since she began her real estate career 17 years ago, she has helped hundreds of people buy and sell homes, owned her own real estate brokerage, and managed three offices for RE/MAX Results. After living her whole life in and around the Twin Cities, Dawn recently moved with her family to Hudson, WI.
Monday, September 14, 2015
Reception: 6:30 pm
Presentation: 7:00-8:30 pm
Minnesota State University Mankato at Edina
7700 France Ave S
Edina, MN 55435
- From east or west I-494: Take France Ave. exit to the north.
- From south on France: Turn left on Minnesota Dr. Take first right into west parking lot. Enter building from that side.
- From Hwy. 62 east or west: Take France Ave. exit to the south.
- From north on France: Turn right on Minnesota Dr. Take first right into west parking lot. Enter building from that side.
Free parking. Park on the west side of the building (large lot opposite France Ave. side of building).
Event fee: $10 for members; $20 for non-members